Join the Physics & Chem Zone or Purchase a Workbook
All purchases of either a membership to the Physics & Chem Zone or a Physics Workbook require you to create an account. If you already have an account, please login before making a purchase. After you create an account you will be able to choose which items you would like to buy. Payment can then be made using a credit card or PayPal. As soon as payment is completed, the items you purchased will become available in your account.
Science Joy Wagon is built with two subscription pricing packages. Membership to The Physics Zone currently includes The Chemistry Zone free as the Chemistry is not as fully developed as the Physics. All accounts are for a 12 month period of time starting from the day you purchase your subscription.
We have two subscription plans available, single user, and group users. The single plan covers any individual user and the group plan covers all students within one school (not a district) This plan includes the ability for students to access the site from home, library or anywhere else they have access to the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
- After I login, the site welcomes me but then when I try to see a lesson it says I have to login. Why can't I see the lesson?
- The most common cause for this is that your web browser is not accepting cookies from this site. The site uses a cookie to remember that you are logged in as you move from page to page.
- Will I be notified when my account is about to expire?
- Yes. Whenever you are logged in, the number of days remaining in your subscription appear in the account information area at the top of the screen. As your subscription gets close to its expiration date, the countdown will turn red.
- I submitted my payment, how long will it take for my purchase to be ready to use?
- Immediately. If you purchased a workbook, it will be available for download in your "My Account" page. If you purchased a single-user subscription, you will have immediate access to the members only lessons in the Physics Zone and the Chemistry Zone. If you purchased a Group-user account you will have immediate access but you will need to set up the group username and password for your students (NEVER GIVE THEM YOURS) in your "My Account" page.
- I purchased a workbook with a lifetime license. Why do I only have 20 downloads?
- The workbook pdf file is yours for life. It includes a license giving you
permission to create up to 200 copies a year for your students. You are limited to 20 downloads of the workbook to encourage you to save the workbook on your own computer and make your own backup copies. You should not be downloading it every time you need to print off a page. And you should NEVER give your students access to your account so they can download it.
- If I order a 1-year Group Users membership and one of the workbooks, does the workbook expire when the 1-year membership does?
- No, the workbook is yours for life. It includes a license giving you
permission to create up to 200 copies a year for your students. You are however limited to 20 downloads of the workbook. This is to encourage you to save the workbook on your own computer. You should not be downloading it every single time you need to print off a page.
- Can I pay by check or Money Order?
- You can, although it is a much slower process. Make your check
payable to "Science Joy Wagon" and send it to:
Science Joy Wagon
1228 Vermeer Dr
Nokomis, FL 34275
Be sure to include an e-mail address with your payment so that I can get your account information to you as rapidly as possible.
- Can I pay with a school purchase order?
- No. Schools in general have proven to be notoriously
delinquent when it comes to sending actual payments on time. As a
teacher, I do not have the time to track down unpaid purchase orders and
jump through the hoops required by many school districts.
- Do I have to change my username and password every year?
- No. You as the Account Owner never have to change your username or password. It is yours for as long as you have an account on the system. However, if you purchased a group subscription you will have to change the group's user name and password at least every twleve months. The system will give you and your students warnings ahead of time if the group username and password needs to be changed.
- What is Paypal? Is it safe?
- Paypal is a method of paying with a credit card over the internet. It is the payment system behind eBay. It has many levels of security and is likely the safest method of money transfer on the internet. I do not see your credit card information, that is only between you and Paypal. Your Paypal account information (if you set one up - not required in USA) is not the same as your Physics Zone account information. They are two completely separate accounts.